The European Community has in recent years established ever more complex and precise rules for traditional food products, as well as those enriched and functional products or for particular nutritional uses. The most important updates relate to the labelling of foodstuffs, additives and nutritional and health claims.
The new Regulation on food labelling, which will be fully operational with effect from 13 December 2014, is certainly one of the most significant regulations, primarily aimed at ensuring maximum transparency for the consumer in respect to that which is indicated in the labels. The Regulation clarifies and amends certain provisions relating to the nutrition table, the declaration of the presence of allergenic substances, the visibility and legibility of the wording, the indication of the place of origin and much more in order to rearrange and complement the current legislation on food labelling in a more rational manner.
The main services provided:
- Study and evaluation of the product for the preparation of the labelling and presentation of food product
- Any amendment to the formulation in order to be able to attach specific claims
- Evaluation and correction of the advertisements on the basis of provisions of the regulations on claims
- Updates on food legislation
- Creation of the graphic packaging